Impact of the Program
- Stabilization of physical and emotional health
- Improved family and social functioning
- Improved educational achievement
- Improved connection to the community which encourages youth to participate in pro-social recreation and leisure activities.
- Development of healthy coping and stress management skills
- Develop skills for a successful transition to independence
- Increased ability and confidence to make positive decisions.
Orchard House Full Time Attendance Program (FTAP)
BGC South Vancouver Island offers a community-based residential program as an alternative to custody. The program is a provincial resource for male-identifying youth 12 to 18 years of age that are court-ordered to attend an FTAP. The goal of these programs is to help youth return to their family (when possible) and community and develop prosocial skills and behaviours that will decrease their involvement in the criminal justice system. Orchard House provides a residential treatment program for youth experiencing substance use issues and youth justice involvement. While attending Orchard House, youth can expect to grow as individuals, learn how resilient they are, receive an abundance of support and guidance, and renew their connection to community. Youth have the opportunity to participate in education programming, daily physical and recreational activity, life skills development, individual and group counselling, and employment readiness training. Referrals to the program are made by the youth’s probation officer.
250-384-9133 Ext. 225